HBCOA 714.374.1524 • SENIOR CENTER IN CENTRAL PARK 714.536.5600 • HOAG HEALTH & WELLNESS PAVILION 714.374.1578 • TRANSPORTATION 714.374.1742
HBCOA/Senior Center in Central Park Photo Contest
Show off your hidden talent to your friends and peers!
The Huntington Beach Council on Aging is excited to announce their second annual photo contest. Any amateur photographer, age 18 and over is welcome to participate in this new event. Come and capture what inspires you at the Senior Center in Central Park. This contest is limited to the first 100 entries!
DEADLINE "EXTENDED" TO ENTER IS NOW SEPTEMBER 15, 2019
You will be able to vote for "peoples choice" once the initial 25 best photos are chosen.
JUDGES AWARDS: Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place finishers.
- FIRST PLACE: HB City Beach Pass
- SECOND PLACE: HBCOA Day Trip Voucher up to $100.00 (Excludes Rose Parade and Boat Parade)
- THIRD PLACE: Two Movie Passes
PEOPLES CHOICE AWARDS: Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place finishers.
- FIRST PLACE: $50.00 Gift Certificate for Amazon
- SECOND PLACE: Two $25.00 Gift Certificates for Cheese Cake Factory
- THIRD PLACE: Two Movie Passes
The Process is as Simple as 1-2-3!
- Capture any images of an activity, event or social gathering that takes place at the Senior Center Central Park, including outdoor events or activities on the grounds.
- Once you have captured your favorite image you can upload your submission to the HBCOA website www.hbcoa.org along with your $10 participation fee. If you have people in your photo you will need each individual sign a "model release". You can upload when you sign up or drop off at the Senior Center in Central Park front desk. Click here to download the form!
- Sit back and wait for the results.
Submissions will be accepted online from May 22nd until September 15th, 2019 and is limited to the first 100 entries. The photographs will be judged by a panel of local professional artist and local photo enthusiasts who will narrow the entries down to the top 25 images. From there the community will get to vote on their top ten peoples choice awards. All the winners will be displayed at the Senior Center in Central Park photo gallery adjacent to the game room. There will be an awards reception at the Senior Center in Central Park, for all contest participants on Thursday, September 26th, 5:00pm -7:00pm, to announce the category winners and top place finishers. You do not have to be a participant to come to this exciting event! Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place finishers as well as to the first, second and third place peoples choice finishers.
You must read all official rules and contest guidelines before you enter the Photo Contest. Click here to read!
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to view and vote on the top 25 contest entries for "People's Choice Awards" on this page from September 16th to September 21st, once the initial judging is completed.
Contact the HBCOA Webmaster if you have question on submitting your photo. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Those That Need a Little More Help on How to Enter
Click on the " circled i" icon in the above navigation to view further details for each slide!
Photo Contest Submission
This is for submitting your photo for the HBCOA Photo Contest. By submitting your photo and signing your name, you authorize the HBCOA to use your photo on it website (hbcoa.org) and in marketing materials such as newsletter and brochures. Your photo will not be used for resale in any way. Please be sure to upload your photo!
Board of Directors
SeniorServ Food Menu
Senior Center Services
New Senior Center
Friday at the Movies
On Course Golf Tournament
Senior Surfing Invitational
Senior Softball Tournament