HBCOA 714.374.1524 • SENIOR CENTER IN CENTRAL PARK 714.536.5600 • HOAG HEALTH & WELLNESS PAVILION 714.374.1578 • TRANSPORTATION 714.374.1742
Meals on Wheels of Orange County
SCCP, through partnerships with Meals on Wheels OC, all of Community Services and countless volunteers, continue to provide home delivered meals to older adult clients here in HB who qualify. There have been many protocol changes for us to adapt to since the middle of March. In the past few months Care Managers and staff have addressed over 300 requests for home delivered meals and provided resources for food and other unmet needs.
During the closure, staff jumped in to take over making the deliveries. In June, we were happy to welcome some returning and new volunteers to the Home Delivered Meals service. We thank those who have stepped in and hope to welcome back all our valued volunteers soon.
The Meals on Wheels congregate lunch program has transitioned temporarily to a grab-and-go program to accommodate social distancing and safer health practices during the COVID19 viral outbreak. Below is the updated procedure for meal pick up:
- Meal pick-up day is on Tuesday 11am-12:30pm
- It is a drive-thru program in the parking lot of the Senior Center in Central Park
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes before distribution.
- Remain in your vehicle the entire time you are at the center.
- Once you enter the lot follow the signs to the pick-up point. Please be patient if there is a line.
- When you drive up you will be checked-in with your name and information or be asked to register.
- Pop your trunk or unlock your back seat doors so that the meals can be placed in your vehicle.
- Exit the parking lot and have a safe journey home.
For more information please call 714-536-5600.